Serge Kahili King: A Self Portrait
Serge Kahili King Revealed
About Serge Kahili King
What is your birthdate?:2/15
Previous occupations:Sales, Infantry, Clerical, Community Development Specialist
Favorite job:Writing and speaking.
High school and/or college:South Lyon High, Ypsilanti College, University of Michigan, University of Colorado, Thunderbird.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Doris Day.
Favorite movie:Star Wars: A New Hope
Favorite television show:Star Trek.
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. One big adventure from start to finish
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. The world is what you think it is
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Perfect happiness is the good feeling that exists in a perfect moment.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. That I won't live long enough to get my office organized.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. Right where I am, in Hawaii.
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Chinggis Khan
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My wife.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. I have too much respect for words to overuse them.
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. That I'm not able to clone myself.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Playing the piano like a professional.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. That my wife and my children are my best friends.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Tact.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. Me.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. I have an answer to any question.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Conan.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Milady, from The Three Musketeers.
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Kamehameha the Great, and I would ask him if he really did lift that big boulder in Hilo.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. People who don't respect other people.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Hiking.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Spaceship captain.
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Love, Personal Power, and Harmony.
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Barbequed spare ribs.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Hanalei Moon, Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, Ain't She Sweet, Ave Maria, Nature Boy.
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Robert E Howard, Ian Fleming, Stephen King, Jane Roberts, Richard Bach, Alexandre Dumas, Philip Pullman, Robert Heinlein
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. The Three Musketeers, Dr. No, The Nature of Personal Reality, Think and Grow Rich, The Bible.
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. The Bible.
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Write, write, write.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. "Your writing is so clear."
- Q. How did you come to write Huna?
- A. I wanted to write a very practical book for modern people that was based on the ancient wisdom of Huna, and to show that ancient and modern Hawaiians also used it.