Michelle Harrison Revealed
About Michelle Harrison
What is your birthdate?:12/21
Previous occupations:My first job was as a weekend sales assistant in House of Fraser. I've since worked as a barmaid, in a bakery, in a second-hand music/film shop, as an art gallery attendant, a Waterstones children's bookseller, and most recently, as an editorial assistant for a children's publisher.
Favorite job:Writing. Always.
High school and/or college:William Edwards School in Grays, Essex, followed by Stafford College.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Loreena McKennitt.
Favorite movie:I have too many to pick one, but Pan's Labyrinth, Willow, Titanic and The Lord of the Rings are a few.
Favorite television show:Dexter.
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Mostly spent at a computer making things up.
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. As a myth. No one can be happy all the time - it would be impossible. If there weren't bad times in our lives as well as good then no one would be able to recognise and appreciate being happy.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. I couldn't possibly say in case a psychopath reads this and decides to make it a reality.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. Elvesden Manor, or Hogwarts, maybe. (You didn't say it had to be a real place).
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. Katie Piper, the former model who survived an acid attack.
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. I try not to regret anything, just to learn from my mistakes.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. I would love to be able to play the piano, or any musical instrument for that matter.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. At the moment, making a living doing the thing I love most.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. I sometimes get told off for being blunt.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. An overactive imagination. But it can be my worst enemy, too.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. To be invisible at will.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. My Essex accent.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Heroes are overrated. I'm more interested in the villains.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Jennet Humfrye,The Woman in Black - she's given me quite a few sleepless nights.
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Jack the Ripper. I like to think I'd demand to know his identity, but in all honesty I'd probably run.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Snobbery.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Drawing/painting, reading or watching a film.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Being a writer or an artist.
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Loyalty, integrity, and a sense of humour.
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Probably chocolate, even if it meant I wouldn't last very long.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Changes constantly, but at the moment: The Old Ways by Loreena McKennitt, Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon, Firework by Katy Perry, Was it a Dream by 30 Seconds to Mars, Running Up That Hill by Kate Bush.
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Hans Christian Andersen, Enid Blyton, Kate Cann, Martina Cole, Roald Dahl, Philippa Gregory, Julie Hearn, Christopher Pike, J.K. Rowling, Marcus Sedgwick, Sarah Singleton.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. The Merrybegot by Julie Hearn
Faeries by Brian Froud and Alan Lee
The Witches by Roald Dahl
Wideacre by Philippa Gregory
Leaving Poppy by Kate Cann
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. The Merrybegot by Julie Hearn
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Read lots, write lots, and don't give up.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. I get many, many pleas to write more in the 13 TREASURES series!