Kathleen Peacock Revealed
About Kathleen Peacock
What is your birthdate?:12/5
Favorite job:Graphic Designer
High school and/or college:I studied graphic design at The New Brunswick College of Craft and Design
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Matthew Good or Elliott Smith
Favorite movie:The Goodbye Girl (the original, not the remake)
Favorite television show:Wonderfalls
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. A collection of random images, thoughts, and events.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. I'm not sure. Odds are, though, that it was written by Douglas Adams.
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. A date with Mark Darcy, a hug from David Tennant, and a visit to the set of Doctor Who. Two of those things are, theoretically, possible.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Oblivion. Or mice. I'm terrified of mice.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. I could really use a nap. Can I just stay here?
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Katharine Hepburn. She wore pants before they were fashionable, took matters into her own hands, and didn't conform when it didn't suit her.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Wowzer, awesome, right on, no worries
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Is rollerblading a talent? I've always wanted to try it. Alas, I'm so clumsy I could give Bella Swan a run for her money.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Writing Hemlock.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. My ability to go from zero to angst in under a second.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. My goofy sense of humour.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. My smile or my glasses. Both seem to draw weird amounts of attention.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Pocket from Fool by Christopher Moore.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Jenner from The Secret of NIMH.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Rudeness
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Reading, of course!
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Writer
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Kindness, integrity, and loyalty
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Watermelon
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. "Between the Bars" by Elliott Smith, "Blue Skies" by BT and Tori Amos, "When you were Young" by The Killers, "My Forgotten Favorite" by Velocity Girl, "Every You Every Me" by Placebo
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Douglas Adams, Nick Hornby, Helen Fielding, John Green, Courtney Summers
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. The Princess Bride by William Goldman, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, Circle of Friends by Maeve Binchy, Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Read often and read widely. Don't stick to one genre.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. "I love Kyle."