Karen Wallace Revealed
About Karen Wallace
What is your birthdate?:4/1
Previous occupations:Publicist, Cook, Singer
Favorite job:I like writing
High school and/or college:In the UK and France
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Chopin
Favorite movie:Nine Queens
Favorite television show:News
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Exciting, challenging, industrious, happy, sad, exhilarating, frightening, tasty
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Hang in. You never know what's round the corner.
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Sitting with my family on a terrace overlooking the sea on a warm night, knowing someone is cooking a fine supper for us.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Losing my family
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. In Crete with my husband
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Kathryn Swynford
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My husband
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Dunno
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Not learning how to play the piano
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Learn how to play the piano
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Making people laugh
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Bossing people about
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Listening
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. a Sumatran orangutan
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. Curly hair
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Fern in CHARLOTTE'S WEB
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Cruella Deville
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Elizabeth I
How do you understand your life?
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Insistent ignorance
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. cooking and gardening
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Blue Grass singer
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. love, kindness, humour
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. avocados
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Still Water by Nina Simone, How High is the Moon by Dolly Parton, Coconut Grove by Rodney Crowell, Easy Money by Lowell George, A Simple Thing called Love by Sam Llewellyn
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Anya Seton, Gerald Durrell, E.B. White, Syliva Bedford, Christopher Hibbert.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. Emily of New Moon by LM MacDonald
The Balkan Trilogy by Olivia Manning
Beloved by Toni Morrison
Quincunx by Charles Palliser
Hell Bay by Sam Llewellyn
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. The Art of Eating by MFK Fisher
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Keep a diary
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. How do you get your inspiration?