Annie Bryant: A Self Portrait
Annie Bryant Revealed
About Annie Bryant
What is your birthdate?:5/16
Previous occupations:Babysitter, waitress, book store cashier
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Enya
Favorite movie:Gone with the Wind, The Devil Wears Prada, Legally Blonde
Favorite television show:"Friends"
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Writing, jogging, BFFs, art, fashion, and fun!
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. "Everyone must do something to make the world more beautiful." - Miss Rumphius
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Public speaking
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. Paris, France
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Louisa May Alcott
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My mother
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. "They all collapsed into giggles!"
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. I'd love to be an actress, but I don't have the skill.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Bringing the Beacon Street Girls to life!
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. My imagination
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. An astronaut!
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. I'm a Taurus. We love constancy, friendship, and the Earth.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Anne of Green Gables (we're both Annie's!)
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Abigail Adams. She was one of the first strong female leaders of the United States, and I'd love to ask her opinions of the state our world is in today, and what it was like to be a twelve year old back in the 18th century!
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Walking my dog.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Being a travel writer (Like Mr. Ramsey). That's what inspired me to write the BSG special adventure series!
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Honesty, patience, and a zest for life!
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Apple crisp
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Louisa May Alcott Judy Blume Sharon Creech Roald Dahl Meg Cabot Beverly Cleary
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. Anne of Green Gables Are you There, God? It's Me, Margaret Nancy Drew The Baby-sitter's Club Harry Potter
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. Miss Rumphius, by Barbara Cooney
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Keep right on writing!
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. "I love love love the Beacon Street Girls and I was thinking you should turn the book into a movie. My friends and I could be in it!" - Alexa, age 11
- Q. How did you come to write Worst Enemies/Best Friends?
- A. When I was growing up, it was so difficult to navigate middle school and find friends! I wanted to create a world for girls that was fun, inclusive, and showed that if you have good friends, you can conquer anything. This was the birth of the first book and, really, the whole series!